Friday, January 22, 2010

Continuing to be Impressed!

There are a lot of things I love about living here. One of the (many) things is the plant life. I could do posts upon posts about the crazy and insane plants here or how on a hot day the air smells like eucalyptus. But because I don't have a lot of photos showing you all the various plants that have left me going "WOW!" I thought I'd post about the flower I'm currently loving. I have no idea what it's called but I've been staring at it all day since it's right outside the living room window and birds keep coming by (the New Holland Honeyeater specifically --- trying to get a picture but they're shy).


How can you not love something that looks like this?


I really need to spend more time with my 50mm attached to my camera and I need to spend a bit more time with it attached backwards on my camera.

I was just thinking a while ago about how in about 4 weeks my amount of time spent in Australia will have equaled the amount of time I spent in Germany. I've also been thinking about how not homesick I am (which is the complete opposite of how I was in Germany - picture me crying to my mum every week in the phone booth, begging for her to buy me a plane ticket so I could go home -- she didn't). This experience over here is SO different to what my time in Germany was like. I'm doing a lot less than I was in Germany so you'd think I'd be bored or lonely. Nope. I'm SO happy that this experience is turning out differently (at least as far as my sanity is concerned!).

Anyway, I'm still sick but I'm starting to feel a bit better. We had Glen's brother and his brother's fiancee over for dinner last night and had a lot of fun. I've been watching a ridiculous amount of tennis (coverage starts at 11am and goes until 5 then there's an hour break and then it goes until late depending on how the matches go) and that has pretty much been the week!


Temperature: +35C
Sunrise: 6:22am
Sunset: 8:41pm

4 comments:

toni in florida said...

Gorgeous flora, but what are you knitting these days? ;-)

Megan said...

I haven't been :-( I have the MAJOR urge to get some done though. I might actually do some planning today and when we go to Glen's parent's tomorrow I'll gather the supplies.

knittingcapricorn said...

Isn't it too hot to knit?

I love the flower, especially its color.

Megan said...

It is a bit lol (it's too hot to do most things actually)