Monday, January 4, 2010

2000-2009 Review

A lot of blogs are doing their 2000-2009 review so I thought I'd do one of my own.

2000 - I was in grade 11. Went to England with school (band/choir trip).

2001 - Graduated from grade 12 and spent August - December in Victoria BC with my aunt and uncle.

2002 - In June I flew to Germany by myself and spent 40 days there with my stepdad while he did some teaching. Mum joined 10 days after I arrived and we flew home together. We also did a side trip to The Netherlands and got to swim in the North Sea.


Mum and I at a cafe in Germany.

In September I flew back to Germany to begin a study abroad program for the fall semester.

2003 - Arrived home from Germany in February and moved up to Inuvik in April. Lived on my own for the first time (not counting Germany - I had room mates then).


Down at the MacKenzie River it's approx. 11pm

2004 - Started talking to Glen online in March and by November we decided that we liked each other enough to want to meet.

2005 - Got braces.

2006 - Glen flew up to Inuvik in June. My brother and his girlfriend moved up to Inuvik in August.

2007 - Flew to Australia for the first time to be at Glen's sister's wedding. Gained 43lbs from medication (which I've yet to loose... This is the year!! Anyone that says that you'll loose the weight once you're off the meds is lying).


Glen and I at his sister's wedding.

2008 - Turned 25. Got my braces off. Lost my job then got it back again. We started compiling forms for my visa. Joined a sewing group and started playing hockey. Went dog sledding for the first time. Got diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.

2009 - Applied and was granted my Australian visa. Put my cat down. Packed and moved across the world.





It's exciting to be starting 2010 in a new country. When thinking back to this time last year, we weren't even sure if this was going to be possible. We seemed to have made it out the other side and things are looking good!
Let's hope 2010 is a great year!

3 comments:

toni in florida said...

I'm looking forward to following your adventures in a new world, so to speak. Here's to a terrific 2010!

Zib said...

Oh wow what big changes! Yes, i'm just catching up, saw your KB location was in AU and had to come snoop about. Congrats on the move! Enjoy the adventure! :)

Megan said...

Thanks Toni & Zib! 2000-2009 were the years for traveling, that's for sure!