Sunday, January 9, 2011

New lens & Birds

We bought my mum a new camera for Christmas (we = us and my brother and his wife) and a few days ago I picked up a new lens for her from work. The camera that we got her came with an 18-55mm lens which is a pretty good little lens but she's used to a lot more zoom so I picked up the 75-300mm for her.
Before I could send it to her I figured I'd better test it ;-) haha so a few days ago Glen and I went for a walk to take some pictures (part of testing this lens is to figure out if I could live with that lens myself or if I should shell out the big bucks for the 100-400mm).


Magpie


Sulphur Crested Cockatoo


Superb Fairywren

It was a pretty hot day so most of the birds were hiding so I didn't really get many shots. I was pretty impressed with the range since my longest lens only goes to 135mm. I think I'd still like the extra reach of the longer lens and the extra crispness of good quality glass. We'll see though!



Temperature: +18C
Sunrise: 6:08am
Sunset: 8:45pm

No comments: